I/We agree to sponsor “Ananda Mela”. The festival is organized by Vedic Cultural Center (VCC), a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (91-0987890) to promote arts, culture and education.
Festival Place: Redmond City Hall Campus, Redmond WA
VCC Address: 1420, 228th AVE SE, Sammamish, WA 98075
Date/Time: July 28th and 29th 2018 (Noon to 8 PM)
Sponsor/Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
1. Compliance Requirements. The Exhibitor agrees to abide by and adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Exhibitor also agrees to abide by the rules and regulations set forth herein. The Committee reserves the right to enforce these rules and regulations at its sole discretion. Failure to comply with these rules and regulations may result in expulsion from the Ananda Mela event without refund.
2. Table Tops and Tents. Each 5 x 2 feet table top covered. The Exhibitor may place exhibit materials only on the table surface. The Exhibitor may use the space beneath the table as additional storage space.
3. Space and Floor Plan. The space provided to the Exhibitor is for the Exhibitor’s exclusive use and may not be shared with, let or assigned to any other party. Staffing shall be permitted only during exhibit hours. Space will be assigned to the Exhibitor by the Committee on a best-efforts basis, and is not negotiable or disputable. The Committee reserves the right to relocate the Exhibitor’s space as necessary.
4. Access to Performance Stage. The Exhibitor has no access to the main performance stage for drawing attention to their space or for making any other announcements pertaining to their business or activities at their space.
5. Materials Restrictions. The Exhibitor may distribute literature or other written materials within the confines of the Exhibitor’s table top. The Committee must pre-approve any materials that include photographs, drawings, or other images beyond written text. The Committee reserves the right to decline, restrict, or prohibit any exhibit or part of an exhibit that is not in keeping with the purpose Ananda Mela event. Exhibitor, on behalf of itself and its employees, agents and volunteers, hereby grants to VCC permission to use any photograph of exhibitor’s booth or display and personal likenesses in a photograph and all publications, including website entries, without payment or other consideration.
6.Other restrictions. The Exhibitor is forbidden from distributing evangelizing or proselytizing religious material in any form, printed, electronic or otherwise, at their assigned space or elsewhere on the festival ground. Furthermore, the Exhibitor may not elicit or collect donations, at their assigned space or elsewhere on the festival ground.
7.Exhibit Staffing. The Exhibitor may staff his or her space only during posted exhibit hours. The Exhibitor may not staff the space or store materials in the space during non-exhibit hours without the express permission of the Committee. The Committee reserves the right to remove any staff person or Exhibitor for behavior, conduct, or attire that is not in keeping with the purpose and character of the Ananda-Mela event.
8.Food samples. If you are planning to distribute food as an exhibitor then details must be disclosed and prior approval must be obtained from VCC.
9.Facility Contract. Neither VCC nor Organizers nor the committee will be liable for the fulfillment of this contract for rental space if non-performance is due to strikes, acts of God, the authority of the law or government actions, fire, flood, casualty, lockout, strike, labor disputes, unavoidable accident, breakdown of equipment, loss of utilities, national calamity, riot, safety issues or weather event, or any cause beyond their control. If the event does not take place due any unavoidable or uncontrollable acts of God then there will be no refund for booth tickets, damage goods.
10.Indemnification. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless VCC /Ananda-Mela organizers and its agents, employees, officers, directors, representatives and affiliates,including the Committee against all loss, costs, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, demands,claims or injury of any nature whatsoever brought or asserted by any person and in any way connectedwith, arising out of or claimed to be arising out of, exhibitor’s booth or any rental space used by exhibitor,or actions by sponsor or exhibitor and its agents or employees, or guests. This agreement extends to all claims of injury or damage, whether direct or indirect, incidental or consequential, regardless of whether they are the result of the negligence of VCC / Ananda-Mela organizers or the venue agents. This agreement to indemnify, defend and hold harmless also includes without limitation, (1) all claims, demands and actions arising out of or in any way related to any license, copyright, trademark or patent rights or laws,and (2) all claims demand and actions related to any theft or claim of theft of any personal property.
11.Insurance. Sponsor shall maintain sufficient liability insurance that covers all potential problems during the event. Sponsors are required to carry insurance to cover their property against damage or loss and public liability insurance for claims of injury to the person or property of others. Sponsor shall obtain and keep in force during the term of the installation and use of the event booth or tables a comprehensive general liability insurance policy in an amount not less than $ 100,000 combined single limit for personal injury and property damage.
12. Materials subject to license/restriction and sales tax. The exhibitor agrees to obtain, at its own expense, any licenses or permits including but not limited to food permits, necessary business licenses, or other authorizations from government bodies that may be required for the operation of its trade or business during the exhibition and to pay all taxes that may be levied as a result of the operation of its trade or business in the space.
13. Security. VCC Organizers do have security arrangement to the event avenue. The security contractor or VCC do not assume responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items. Valuables should not be left in the booths unguarded at any time. Exhibitors are encouraged to lock up or remove small valuables in the booth each night.
14. Terms of payment. Full amount of total booth price must be paid along with the signed contract in person or by mail. In the event that an exhibitor’s check is returned by a bank due to insufficient funds, a $50 administration fee will be charged to the exhibitor. Except as provided to the contrary in this contract, all monies paid by Exhibitor shall be deemed fully earned and non-refundable at the time of payment.
15. Artwork. Sponsor shall supply at its own cost finished artwork relating to its name, logo and other identification provided with print deadlines reasonably set by VCC for use in any display on VCC website or publications. Sponsor is responsible for producing its own banner, if applicable, and any teller advertisement for the souvenir book.
16. Consequences of Termination. In the event that sponsor terminates after submission of its sponsorship application and payment of sponsorship fee, sponsor agrees (a) that it shall not make any further use of or reproduce or exploit the rights granted under this Agreement related to the event, b) any sponsorship rights granted by VCC to the sponsor shall revert to VCC, and (c) no refunds shall be made to the sponsor if sponsor cancels within 90 days prior to the event.’
17. The construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of Washington, and any dispute shall be resolved by binding arbitration before a single arbitrator sitting in East King County according to the rules of The American Arbitration Association. The prevailing party shall receive all costs and attorneys’ fees, including for arbitration, suit or any appeal.
18. Vendor or non profit organizations can not proselytize their religion / org and force people to buy their literature or give it out free.